Thursday, 24 April 2014
Quest Bar Cookies
Quest bars are the newest protein bar craze - and I'm definitely all over that. These bars are great because they come in a variety of flavours, they are gluten and sugar free, and they are loaded with protein. But my favourite part about them is that they can act as a great baking add in! These cookies are a cleaned up version of a chocolate chip cookie. They are great for those late night sweet cravings or mid afternoon snacks.
1 Quest bar (I prefer to use Double Chocolate Chunk or Chocolate Brownie)
1/2 cup almond butter
1/2 cup peanut butter (natural)
2 scoops protein powder (I prefer BSN Lean Dessert in Whipped French Vanilla)
1 tsp pure vanilla
1/2 cup egg whites
1 tsp baking soda
3 Tbsp honey (or preferred sweetener)
3 Tbsp dark chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Line a baking tray with parchment paper.
2. Chop the Quest bar into tiny pieces. (Tip: if you put in the freezer for a few minutes it will make it easier to chop)
3. In a large bowl mix together both nut butters, vanilla, and egg whites. Once smooth add protein powder, baking soda, and salt and mix together. Once smooth add Quest bar pieces and chocolate chips and stir until combined.
4. Drop dough by spoonfuls onto prepared tray and press down with your fingers or a fork so they are flattened. You should get 20 cookies.
5. Bake for 8-10 minutes or until ever so slightly browned. Let cookies cool and harden before eating.
Nutrition (per cookie)
Fat 6.5 g
Carbohydrates 8.2 g
Fibre 2.2 g
Sugars 4.4 g
Protein 5 g