I love burgers and I love chicken wings, so I figured why shouldn't I combine the two?? These burgers were amazing - seriously delicious! They were juicy and light, and full of hot, spicy flavour. The trick to keeping the fat and calories low, is choosing the right ingredients. I love all cheeses, but cooking with blue cheese is great because it is so full of flavour - a little goes a long way. While I will take full credit for the recipe, I do have to give a shout out to my fiance for manning the bbq!
1 package lean ground chicken
1/4 cup Franks hot sauce - Buffalo flavour
1/4 tsp salt
2 egg whites
1/2 cup whole wheat bread crumbs
1/2 cup crumbled blue cheese (not packed) + 5 Tbsp crumbled blue cheese
1. Preheat bbq and spray with cooking spray.
2. In a large bowl combine the ground chicken, Franks, salt, egg whites, and bread crumbs.
3. Crumble 1/2 cup blue cheese and lightly combine.
4. Divide into 5 patties and place on the bbq. Let cook for 8 minutes, then flip and let cook another 8
5. Top each burger with 1 Tbsp crumbled blue cheese.
*I like to go bunless and pair my burgers with homemade sweet potato fries... but feel free to add a bun
if thats how you "roll"
Nutrition (1 burger)
Fat 11 g
Carbohydrate 8.3 g
Fibre 0.4 g
Sugars 0.9 g
Protein 21 g