If you've ever eaten at Fresh (a local Toronto Vegetarian restaurant) and have tried one of their flourless cashew butter cookies, then you'll understand why I needed to make these! I searched the Internet trying to find Fresh's signature recipe, but had no luck finding it, so I decided to create my own. These cookies only have 6 ingredients and are super easy to prepare. I find they taste best if you slightly underbake them!
1 cup cashew butter
1/2 cup brown sugar (or substitute your own preferred sweetener, such as honey or stevia)
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp vanilla
1/4 cup dark chocolate chips (I prefer to use the mini chocolate chips)
Tip: Try exchanging chocolate chips for crushed cashews or raisins. Also if you feel like uping the protein content, add 1/2 scoop of vanilla or unflavoured protein powder!
1. Preheat oven to 325*
2. In a large bowl combine cashew butter, egg, and brown sugar. Mix well.
3. Add baking soda and vanilla. Mix well.
4. Stir in chocolate chips.
5. Line a baking tray with parchment paper.
6. Roll dough into small balls and flatten with your palms. Place on the baking sheet. You should get 15 cookies.
7. Bake for 7-9 minutes.
8. Let cookies sit on the counter until cooled, then transfer on parchment paper into the fridge and let them chill for 10 minutes.
Nutrition (per cookie)
Fat 9 g
Carbohydrates 16.4 g
Fibre 0.6 g
Sugars 11.7 g
Protein 3.1 g