Recently my fiance and I were at the Cheesecake Factory, and we ordered this pretzel covered chicken appetizer. It was delicious, and I started thinking about how easy it would be to make a "cleaner" version of it at home... so I did!
2 skinless, boneless chicken breast, cut into strips
1/4 cup multigrain pretzels (I used President's Choice Blue Menu Honey Multigrain Pretzels)
1/4 cup oats
2 pinches of salt and pepper
pinch of garlic salt
1 large egg white
Optional: Presidents Choice Blue Menu Plum Sauce
1. Preheat oven to 350*
2. Put the egg white into a medium size bowl. Toss chicken strips in egg whites and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
3. In a Magic Bullet or blender add pretzels, oats, pinch of salt and pepper, and garlic salt. Pulse until fine crumbs are formed. Pour crumbs into a medium sized bowl.
4. Individually take each chicken strip from the egg white mixture and toss it into the crumbs making sure you cover the entire strip.
5. Place strips onto a cooking tray that has been lined with parchment paper. Place into the oven and bake for 10 minutes. Take out of the oven and flip strips over. Bake for another 10 minutes.
6. Dip into plum sauce and enjoy!
Nutrition (per half recipe, no plum sauce)
Fat 6.3 g
Carbohydrate 17.3 g
Fiber 1.5 g
Sugars 1.8 g
Protein 32.5 g