A friend of mine recently introduced me to maca powder after it was recommended by her naturopath. I did a little research to find out more about the "magic powder" and discovered a variety of nutritional benefits: increased energy, increased libido, clears acne, helps with anxiety and menstrual cycles, and alleviates mood swings and depression. On top of this, maca powder is filled with vitamin C, vitamin E, magnesium, iron, calcium, and zinc. Maca powder has a butterscotch flavour to it, so it can easily be added to smoothies, protein shakes, oatmeal, or any dessert recipe.
1 tsp maca powder + some for sprinkling
1 Tbsp shredded coconut
1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
1. Wash and dry strawberries.
2. Put dark chocolate chips in a microwavable bowl, and microwave for 30 seconds. Take out and stir.
Put back in the microwave for another 30 seconds, then take out and stir one more time.
3. Stir in tsp of maca powder until dissolved.
4. Dip strawberries into melted chocolate.
5. Sprinkle with coconut and maca powder.
6. Place into the fridge for 10 minutes until hardened.
Nutrition (for 5 strawberries)
Fat 10.2 g
Carbohydrate 29.7 g
Fiber 6.1 g
Sugars 19.4 g
Protein 1.4 g