This recipe was inspired by my Aunt Penny, who I love sharing and exchanging recipes with! This recipe takes your classic philly cheese steak and makes it into a completely clean meal! It's filled with protein, vitamins, minerals, and bold flavours!
1 pepper (red, orange, red, or green will all work great!)
150 grams (approximately 1 cup) lean roast beef
1/2 tsp steak spice (the Keg is amazing!)
1/4 onion, sliced
2 slices low fat swiss cheese
1. Preheat oven to 350* and 1 burner to medium.
2. Pour 1/2 tsp olive oil into a pan and once heated add sliced onions. Sautee until tender,
approximately 5 minutes.
3. Slice roast beef into large chunks and add to the onions. Add steak spice.
4. Cut the pepper in half and remove the seeds. Divide the onion and roast beef mixture between each
5. Place pepper halves on a baking sheet and bake 15 minutes. Remove from the oven and top each
pepper half with 1 slice of cheese. Place back into the oven and bake for 5 more minutes until the
cheese melts. Remove from the oven.
Nutrition (1 half pepper)
Fat 7.1 g
Carbohydrates 7.4 g
Fibre 1.3 g
Sugars 1 g
Protein 19.3 g