After I made the pecan pumpkin tarts, I had exactly 1 cup of pumpkin left, so what better way to use it than in pumpkin squares! This recipe is great because it's sweet enough to have as dessert, but also healthy enough to have as breakfast or a snack in the afternoon!
1 cup whole wheat flour
1/2 cup quick cooking oats
1 cup pumpkin puree (100% pumpkin)
1 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
1/2 cup honey
1/4 cup chopped pecans
1/4 cup dark chocolate chips
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
4 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp ground ginger
1 tsp ground nutmeg
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a square brownie tray with cooking spray.
2. In a large bowl combine flour, oats, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, ginger, and nutmeg.
3. In a medium bowl combine pumpkin, almond milk, eggs, and honey.
4. Combine the wet and dry ingredients until combined. Stir in chocolate chips and pecans.
5. Pour batter into prepared pan and bake for 40 minutes. Will make 16 squares.
*You can also make this recipe into mini muffins for a bit size snack!
Nutrition (1 square)
Fat 5.4 g
Carbohydrate 20.6 g
Fiber 2.5 g
Sugars 11.7 g
Protein 3 g