Sunday, 21 December 2014
Almond Butter Protein Bars
While I am a huge fan of Quest protein bars, the price of them can add up. Making your own bars is much more cost effective, and this way you can create your own delicious combinations of ingredients. The ones I made are filled with fiber, protein, and antioxidants.
3/4 cup natural almond butter
1/3 cup pure maple syrup
2 scoops protein powder (I used Lean Dessert in Chocolate Fudge)
1 tsp vanilla
1/4 cup rice krispies
1/2 cup oats
2 Tbsp coconut oil, melted
1/3 cup dark chocolate chips
1. In a bowl mix together almond butter, vanilla, maple syrup, and melted coconut butter.
2. Stir in protein powder, salt, and oats.
3. Gently stir in rice krispies and dark chocolate chips.
4. Spray a square brownie pan with cooking spray (I used a coconut oil spray from Trader Joes) and press the mixture into the pan, pressing firmly.
5. Put into the freezer for 10 minutes then cut into squares.
Optional: I melted together 2 Tbsp of dark chocolate chips and 1 tsp coconut oil and sprinkled onto for an added chocolate perk!