Weekend breakfast is one of my favourite times. I love sleeping in and having a nice cozy breakfast and a cup of coffee. This casserole is great because you can do the work the night before and all you need to do is wake up and put it in the oven! Nothing like the smell of warm fresh bread and cinnamon first thing in the morning!
8 slices of cinnamon raisin Ezekiel bread, cut into chunks
1 1/2 cups unsweetened vanilla almond milk
1 Tbsp vanilla
1 tsp cinnamon
1/4 cup maple syrup
4 Tbsp raisins
2 Tbsp pecans
1. In a large bowl combine the eggs, milk, vanilla, cinnamon, salt, maple syrup, and combine together.
2. Add the bread chunks, raisins, and pecans and combine.
3. Spray a 9x9" baking dish with cooking spray (I used Trader Joes coconut oil spray) and add the mixture. Place in the fridge for 2-8 hours (i.e. overnight)
4. Bake at 375 for 45 minutes.
5. Let cool, then cut into squares and serve with maple syrup, toasted coconut, crushed almonds, fresh berries, or whatever toppings you'd like!