Sunday, 1 February 2015
Lightened Up Chicken Wing Dip
In honor of it being Super Bowl tonight, I made the infamous and delicious Chicken Wing Dip. If you've ever been to a party and have tried this dip, you know what I mean when I say it is highly addictive. But with a few simple changes, it can be transformed into a tasty party food that won't totally ruin your diet.
1. Use light or fat free cream cheese. Since it is just the base, and you will be baking it, you don't actually need the full fat version, like you would in a cheesecake
2. Add an extra chicken breast, this way you get more protein per scoop, and less dip.
3. Add extra Franks hot sauce (more flavour for very few calories)
4. Use light cheese and light dressing - The dip is so favourful you won't even notice
2 chicken breasts, seasoned and baked
1 block low fat or fat free cream cheese
1/2 cup low fat shredded mozzarella and cheddar cheese
1/2 cup Franks hot sauce
1/2 cup light blue cheese dressing (I like the PC yogurt dressing)
1. Very finely chopped the chicken breasts (I use a Pampered Chef chopper).
2. In a large bowl mix the cream cheese with a mixer. Add in the Franks hot sauce and blue cheese dressing.
3. Stir in the cheese and chicken. Transfer into a baking dish, and cover with tin foil.
4. Bake at 400* for 20 minutes. Serve with baked tortilla chips.