I love scones - no seriously, I really love scones! They are so simply, but when made correctly are flaky, slightly sweet, and absolutely perfect when paired with a cup of tea! The key to making scones is not to over mix the batter, otherwise they may come out harder than desired.
1 cup white flour
1 cup whole wheat flour
1 Tbsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
2 Tbsp coconut sugar
5 Tbsp butter (must be cold)
1 cup fresh blueberries (washed and dried)
1. In a large bowl mix the flours, baking powder, salt, and sugar with a whisk.
2. Add the blueberries and toss very gently.
3. Cut in the butter gently and just mix batter with hands until just mixed (don't over mix)
4. Gently press dough onto a lightly floured counter into a circle about 2 inches thick. Cut into 8 slices like a pizza.
5. Place onto a baking sheet that has been lined with parchment paper. Bake at 375* for 15 minutes or until lightly browned.
**TIP** If you want to bring out the flavours a little more, add 2 Tbsp fresh lemon juice with 2 Tbsp icing sugar and drizzle onto each scone.