I love taking food that I love and making it different and fun... and with this recipe I did just that. Everyone loves pizza - if made correctly, it can be healthy, and it is very versatile in terms of toppings. This recipe is very simple, as I made it for my fiancee, but you could definitely add more vegetables or change it to bbq sauce.
1 package fresh whole wheat pizza dough
1 small can pizza sauce
1/2 cup low fat mozzarella cheese
1/2 package turkey pepperoni
1 Tbsp parmesan cheese
1. Preheat oven to 350*
2. Spray a pizza stone (or baking tray) with cooking spray.
3. Sprinkle flour on your counter so that dough doesn't stick. Roll out dough into a rectangle about 1 cm thick, with a rolling pin.
4. Spread sauce onto rolled dough making sure it gets close to the edges.
5. Spinkle with mozzarella cheese and top with turkey pepperoni.
6. Starting at one end, roll dough up making sure the toppings stay in. You should have a log once all rolled up. Take a very sharp knife and cut log into 2 inch chunks.
7. Lay flat onto the baking tray and sprinkle with the parmesan cheese.
8. Bake for 20-25 minutes until golden brown.